After earning a bachelor’s degree in Public Health and a minor in Education from the University of Massachusetts Amherst, Ms. Gruenwald worked for UMass Extension Nutrition Education Program. She was responsible for educating nursery-12th grade students in Brockton Public Schools on proper nutrition, food safety in the kitchen, and exercise. She was also responsible for educating at-risk communities on healthy cooking methods and food safety in the kitchen. Following, Ms. Gruenwald earned her master’s degree from Boston University School of Public Health. She now works as a food safety consultant for Berger Food Safety Consulting. She has conducted hundreds of inspections throughout New England, and has worked as a consultant for Boston area establishments and venues such as: Gillette Stadium, TD Banknorth Garden, Anna’s Taqueria, Legendary Restaurant Group, Royal India Bistro, Fuddruckers New England, Samurai Boston and Grasshopper.
- Nutrition Educator, UMass Extension Nutrition Education Program, August 2011-November 2012.
- Certified Proctor for the National Restaurant Association’s Educational Foundation’s ServSafe Certification Program.
- Boston University, Boston, MA
- Masters of Public Health (MPH) December, 2014
- University of Massachusetts Amherst, MA
- Bachelor of Science (BS): Public Health, May, 2011
- Minor: Education, May 2011
- Berkshire AHEC Allergen Awareness Training Certified, 2015
- ServSafe Certified, 2011
- Certified BACCHUS peer health educator, 2009