Ms. Parenteau is currently the lead consultant for Boston area establishments such as: Todd English Enterprises, Fresh City (multiple locations), Fire and Ice (multiple locations), KFC (multiple locations), Nashoba Brook Bakery; Wellesley College, TD Banknorth Garden, Agganis Arena (BU), and for special events such as the Democratic National Convention (DNC) at the Garden. She has also been a trainer for the Massachusetts Restaurant Association, the Worcester Department of Public Health, Boston Public Schools, Burlington Public Schools and many others. Ms. Parenteau has worked with Berger Food Safety Consulting for 10 years and has developed many loyal clients like Gillette Stadium , helping to insure their distinction as the only NFL stadium without a critical violation in the last 2 years.
In 2003, Ms. Parenteau began working for Berger Food Safety Consulting as a food safety consultant. Her work involves conducting restaurant manager certification seminars (ServSafe), teaching basic sanitation courses for non-certified employees, teaching responsible alcohol training courses, providing third party audits, providing liaison services between retail food establishments and local health departments, and developing HACCP plans.
In 1998, Ms. Parenteau began working in the hospitality industry as a manager/intern for a restaurant/bakery. She was responsible for all aspects of running the business from training new employees, to menu development, to receiving and inspecting shipments and decorating all pastries.
Ms. Parenteau has appeared often on local and national TV programs and is author of the prominent food safety training book “Food Safety for Managers”.
- Certified Instructor and Proctor for the National Registry of Food Safety Professionals Certification Program
- Certified Instructor and Proctor for the National Restaurant Association’s Educational Foundation’s ServSafe Certification Program
- Quality Assurance Inspector for retail food establishments
- Certified instructor and proctor for the NRAEF’s ServSafe Alcohol program
- Dynamic and energetic instructor for food safety certification programs, responsible alcohol service and customized employee seminars
- Subject Expert for the National Restaurant Association Solutions – ServSafe Exam question development
Education, Certification and Training:
- Industry- Foodborne Illness Investigation Training and Recall Response (NEHA) April, 2014
- FDA 2 Day Conference on 2013 Food Code, March 2014
- Special Processes at Retail (FDA) September, 2011
- Managing Retail Food Safety (FDA) September 2008
- Plan Review (FDA) November, 2007
- ServSafe Alcohol Certification program , NRAEF, April 2005
- Foodborne Illness Investigations (FDA) September, 2004
- Certified Professional – Food Safety (CP-FS) (National Environmental Health Association) Dec., 2003
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point and Retail Food Store Sanitation Code (FDA) Sept., 2003
- Associates Degrees, Restaurant Management and Associates Degree – Lodging Conference Managements (NH Community Technical College, Laconia, NH) May, 2003
- Bartending (NH Community/Technical College, Laconia, NH) Dec., 2002
- ServSafe Certification (National Restaurant Association’s Educational Foundation) Oct., 2002; Dec., 2007
- Massachusetts Health Officers Association (MHOA)
- Massachusetts Restaurant Association (MRA)
- National Environmental Health Association (NEHA)